8 months ago
These are your last few days to submit your project. Update or Finish your Submission so you don’t forget.
Reminder: On Monday Jan 31th @ 12 PM ET / 3 PM PT join us for the last check-in before the due date on the Digital HQ Slackathon workspace.
Your video is a major component of your submission. Here are some helpful tips for you to plan, create, and publish a winning video.
Get organized. Write out a script of what you need to say, demonstrate in your video, and rehearse it before recording. A good script should:
- Be 3 minutes or less.
- Include your elevator pitch of why you built your project.
- Show a demo of your project in action to prove it is a real application and not just an animation.
- Explain your development approach.
- Explain how you identified the problem and solution.
Start Recording. The great thing about pre-recorded demo videos is that it doesn’t have to be perfect in one shot. Here are some suggestions for recording:
- Windows (Windows 10 has a built-in tool called Game Bar to help you record your screen)
- Mac (Using Screenshot in the QuickTime Player app, you can make a video recording of your computer screen)
- Get a friend or family member to watch your video to collect feedback.
Upload. Don't wait until the last minute to upload your video. Uploading could take anywhere from a few minutes to several hours.
- Upload your video to YouTube, Vimeo, or Facebook Video.
- Make sure your video is public and playback is allowed so it can be played on other sites.
- Add the link to your video to your project submission.
We can’t wait to see your project and how you showcase it in your video.
Lights, Camera, Action!